Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cherry Blossoms!

I usually run on the Mall in DC since I work less than a block away from it.  Monday, I detoured from my usual route towards the Capitol so I could run down to the Tidal Basin.  The cherry blossoms are in full bloom right now, in spite of the snow over the weekend and the continued cold temperatures.  I think early morning is the best time to see them. The light is great in the morning and almost no one else is down there.

Pictures (click to enlarge):
Cherry blossoms on one of the original trees.
 The Thomas Jefferson Memorial.
Cherry trees lining the Tidal Basin.
Mallards on the Tidal Basin
More cherry blossoms in front of the Jefferson Memorial.
Blossoms on one of the original trees.
Blossoms on a tree near the Washington Monument.

No comments:

Post a Comment