Thursday, April 9, 2015

Garden Update: Spring!

Things are starting to get moving in the garden now. The ground is still pretty cold, but we've had some rain and plants are starting to come up everywhere. I even saw some cherry blossoms blooming this week on my bike commute.
 Our daffodils finally started blooming.
I planted this hellebore last spring. This is the first year that it has bloomed.
As an indication of how quickly things are growing now. This was what the Trillium erectum looked like on Sunday.
This is what they looked like on Tuesday. I planted these just last spring, so I don't know if they are going to bloom this year.
The carrots that I planted a few weeks ago are finally starting to come up. Like I said earlier, the ground is still pretty cold.
Our garlic has doubled in size in the last week.
One of the most exciting things happening is our asparagus is coming up. We get to pick it for four weeks this year!
A tiny bud on our Asimina triloba (Paw Paw) trees. They got planted on the late side last summer and I wasn't sure if they would make it through the winter, but they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment